Information About Student Financial Aid Assistance at UCI

Understand the financial aid options and requirements that come with accepting financial aid as a UCI student.

Study Abroad

If you participate in a study abroad program that is approved for credit by the university, your enrollment will may be considered enrollment at UC Irvine for the purpose of applying for financial aid assistance under the Federal Student Aid programs.

For information on study abroad programs, visit the Study Abroad Center's website at

For aid availability, visit our Study Abroad page.

Student Loan Code of Conduct

The university adheres to the following policies:

Disbursement of Your Aid Funds

Financial aid is disbursed (released) to students in different ways depending on the type of aid and other factors. Learn more about how and when your aid will be disbursed.

Terms/Conditions of Employment Provided as Financial Aid (Work-Study)

Visit our Work-Study information page or visit the Division of Career Pathways Center for additional information about on-campus employment.

Loan Entrance and Exit Counseling Requirement

Students must complete on-line entrance counseling before receiving a Federal Direct Loan. The entrance counseling will provide you with information to ensure that you understand the responsibilities and obligations you are assuming as a borrower. To fulfill your counseling requirements, visit the page. Federal Direct Loan and Federal Perkins loan borrowers must complete exit counseling after ceasing enrollment or dropping below half-time (6 or fewer units) enrollment. 

For more details on the entrance and exit counseling requirements, visit our Loan Tools page.

Exit Counseling Requirement

Federal Direct Loan borrowers must complete exit counseling after graduating, ceasing enrollment or dropping below half-time (6 or fewer units) enrollment. To fulfill your counseling requirements, visit the My Direct Loan page.

State Aid Disclosures

Cal Grant funding is limited to four academic years. In order to graduate in four years, you must complete 45 units or more per academic year. We suggest that you create a plan with your academic counselor to ensure you will graduate in four years.

Textbook Prices

An institution of higher education receiving federal financial assistance is required, to the maximum extent practicable, to post verified textbook pricing information for both required and recommended materials for each class on the institution's online course schedule or linked to the course schedule from another site, such as a college-designated bookstore, in a manner of the institution's choosing.